GIFs have many uses, ranging from casual comical reactions to situations in chats, memes to more professional ones like providing visual instructions, email signatures, etc. They are definitely better than pictures but not as informative or elaborate as videos. But instead of making videos, which take relatively more time and digital space, it is far better to make a GIF! You can create GIFs on your own Android smartphone without any professional tools. In this article, we will look at some of the most effective methods that will easily allow you to generate gifts out of videos.
What’s a GIF anyway?
Photos are great but videos are way better at expressing stuff. While photos and video sit on two extreme ends of the spectrum, GIFs reside perfectly in the middle. A GIF is a moving photo (or a 2-4 seconds video?), which is a perfect compromise when you want it to be more than a photo but definitely not a video. You don’t need to use photoshop on a computer to make one though! You can easily make a GIF using your Android phone. Just follow these steps:
Make a GIF on Android using Giphy
- Download and launch the Giphy app.
- Tap on the “Create” button, which should be in the top right corner. It will have a “+” or camera symbol.
- If this is your first time using the app, the app will ask for some permissions on your phone to make GIFs.
- Tap on “Agree” on this and their policy.
- When you are ready to make a GIF, shoot a video from the front or rear camera (only short videos can be converted into a GIF).
- By swiping right or left on the toolbar you can choose a filter you would like to use in your GIF. Just record the video with the white button if you don’t want any filters.
- Remember: tapping will take a photo and holding the button will let you take a short video.
- After recording a video to make a GIF, you can edit it with various tools like- adding text, adding visual effects, adjusting the brightness and colors of the video, loads of stickers, etc.
- Resize your GIF to your desired proportion from the list containing- 1:1, 3:2, 4:5, 16:9, and 9:16.
- When you are done tap on the “send” button(arrow symbol).
- Enter the tags that you think would best associate/represent the GIF.
- You can then share the GIF directly on social media platforms like Instagram, Snapchat, etc. You can also save the original video and the GIF on your device as well.
While Giphy is not the only app in the market that allows you to make a GIF, it is certainly one of the best ones. Other apps/website recommendations to make a GIF on Android are Gfycat, GIF me, and Ezgif.