Screen recorder is an extremely valuable tool in today’s time. Although Android phones with Android 11 or above now come with a pre-installed screen recording feature, the older versions sadly do not. So it is safe to say that most modern phones have the screen recording function inbuilt. But if you have any Android phone with an Android version 10 or lower you may need to download a screen recorder app from the Google play store. In this article, We will discuss all the ways you can record your screen on your Android phone. Now, follow these steps to screen record on your Android phone using the built-in screen recorder feature:
How to screen record on Android with the built-in feature
- First, unlock your Android phone and swipe down from the top to open the notification screen.
- Now that you can see the notification screen, (which should have the symbols for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc) you need to search for an icon like a camera, named screen recorder.
- In case it is not visible on your notification screen, tap on the edit button (pen/pencil icon), this should open up a list of features that are not on your notification screen.
- From there, drag the screen record feature into your quick settings list on the notification screen.
- Finally, tap on the screen recorder icon. Then tap on start (a circular red color button) to start recording your screen.
- When you want to stop recording simply press the same button again (it would have changed into a square red color button).
Third party apps
So, as promised we will now discuss some well-known apps which can help users of Android version 10 or older to record their screens. It is frankly impossible to discuss all the apps available on the Google play store for screen recording. Here. We will discuss just a few popular apps, but if you want to download any other screen recorder app available on the Google play store or on the internet it is always safe and better to check its reviews first. This is so because many such apps just might be after your data (malware). Such apps might also have a mediocre screen recorder function. So, let us discuss some of the most popular screen recorder apps available on the Google play store:
AZ Screen Recorder is one of the best screen recording apps on the play store. It is an easy-to-use free app that you can use to record your screen in HD quality and capture screenshots. It’s quite popular especially because of its professional features, which are sadly locked behind the paid version of the same app, Which costs around three dollars. After recording your videos you can also edit them with this app. AZ Screen Recorder also allows you to do a live stream on the go. With this app, you can record some cool-looking video tutorials, gameplay videos, or even live events.
Super Screen Recorder is a free app with no watermarks, but of course, like all things in life nothing is completely free. The app does have ads that help generate some income for the company. It is quite easy to use with the floating menu on your screen by which you can record your screen, take screenshots, add a face cam on your live stream, etc. It is not just limited to taking screenshots and recording your screen, you can also edit those pictures and videos with this app. You can add music to your recorded videos, make GIFs out of them, merge them, etc, basically, it is a complete package for editing. You can use these features to create a big video from small clips of your screen recordings. For professionals, this is a great tool because you can manage the settings of your video and audio output (before recording) by choosing your desired video resolution, fps, landscape or portrait orientation, etc.