Ringtones are a great, fun way to express yourself when it comes to your Android phone. Sure, its sole purpose is to alert you of any incoming calls, but why not keep your favorite song or beat as your ringtone? Ringtones are just one thing from the huge list of customizable options offered by Android devices, much like wallpapers, themes, fonts, etc. There are a lot of good pre-installed ringtones you can choose from, but that’s not it! You can download any song from the internet (should be in mp3 format) and set it as your ringtone! In this article, we will discuss how you can set a different ringtone on your Android device. Let us look at the different methods mentioned below:
How to set ringtones on Android with Settings
Here are the steps you need to follow to set Ringtone on your Android phone through settings:
- Open your phone and launch the settings app.
- From the list of options, locate and tap on the “Sound” option.
- From the present list of options, look for the “Phone ringtone“ option and tap on it.
- The phone ringtone option may not be available on the main sound tab, but rather it might be under the “Advanced“ option in some devices.
- Depending on your device manufacturer, you will either see a set of pre-installed ringtones or multiple categories of ringtones based on the genre.
- You can also add a custom ringtone after downloading one from the internet, by tapping on the “Add” button and choosing the correct MP3 file.
- Choose which ever ringtone you like to use and then tap on the “Save/Okay“ button, then you are all set.
Set Ringtones on Samsung Android phones
Let us look at the steps you need to take to set ringtone on Samsung phones through settings:
- Unlock your phone and launch the settings app from the app drawer.
- Now, look for and select the “Sounds and Vibration” option from the list.
- From the list of options, find and select the “Ringtone“ option.
- Here, You will find a list of pre-installed ringtones available on your device, choose anyone you like.
- Then, tap on the save button.
- If you want to add a custom ringtone, tap on the “Add” button from the top right corner of your screen.
- To do this, you will need to download a ringtone/song in MP3 format from the internet beforehand.
- You will be presented with a list of audio files on your device. Then, choose the one which you would like to set as your ringtone and tap on “Save“.
Set custom Ringtones for specific contacts
Follow these steps to set a unique/different ringtone for specific contacts on your Android phone:
- After unlocking your phone, launch the Contacts app on your Android device.
- From the list of contacts present on your phone, choose a contact for which you would like to use a unique/different ringtone.
- From the top right corner, tap on the more/menu button on that contact’s information page.
- Now, from the small pop-up list of options, choose the “Set Ringtone” option.
- Finally, select the ringtone you would like to set and tap on save.