Want to transfer your WhatsApp profile from an Android smartphone to an iPhone? Don’t worry! Everything you need is right here. There are many ways by which you can transfer your WhatsApp account (with the same number along with all your chats) from an Android phone to an iPhone. All the best possible ways are listed below so, you can choose which one would be the best for you as per your needs. Before we get into all that, it is an absolute necessity to completely back up your WhatsApp data. This ensures that all your data is up to date on the cloud and that it gets transferred completely to your desired device. Plus, if the process is interrupted or canceled mid-way, your data would still be secure in the WhatsApp databases.
How to backup data on WhatsApp
- Launch WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap on the more/menu option on the top right corner of your screen, from the presented list go to “Settings”.
- From there go to “Chats” next, look for “Chat backup” and tap on it.
- Confirm “Back Up” and the process will start.
How to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone by Wutsapper
- Go to Google play store, search for the app “Whutsapper” and install it on your android phone.
- Launch the Wutsapper app on your phone.
- When you run the app, it will check whether your phone has WhatsApp back up or not. If you haven’t backed up your WhatsApp it will prompt you to do so.
- After this you need to connect both of your phone (old android and new iPhone), with the OTG cable/USB-C cable (whichever is applicable).
- After connecting both your phones, you must tap on a pop-up showing “Trust” on both of them.
- Launch Wutsapper on your new iPhone and enter the phone number which you want to transfer(again, back up your WhatsApp before beginning any of these processes).
- Tap on Next, now the app will check your WhatsApp back up first and then will allow you to transfer data.
- Finally, click on Transfer, after a short while your transfer will be complete.
Transfer WhatsApp chats to iPhone with a new phone number
Did you know, that you can back up your chats on WhatsApp to a new number altogether! And this is an inbuilt feature in the WhatsApp app itself. Of course, first, you need to back up all your WhatsApp data. So, if you want to back up your chats to a new iPhone/Android with a new number, follow these steps:
- Take your (current) android phone, remove the old Sim card and replace it with a new one. Make sure keep both the numbers active.
- Now unlock your phone and launch WhatsApp.
- Go to settings by tapping on the more/menu button in the top right corner of your screen (three dot icon).
- After you tap on settings, you will be presented with a list of options. Select the option of “Account” and then go to “Change number”.
- Tap on “Next”. Fill out your old and new phone number in the given space.
- Enter the verification code to verify your change in phone number.
Steps to Move WhatsApp from Android to iPhone by e-mail.
While you can’t directly transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone by transferring its backup, there is something else you can do. With this method, you can email dedicated conversations to your email ID. In this way, you can email some selected chats to yourself and maintain that backup. Although these chats will not appear on WhatsApp you can always access them on a new iPhone in an email. Here’s how to transfer WhatsApp chats from android to iPhone with the help of email.
- Launch WhatsApp on your phone and open any chat he would like to save via your email.
- Tap on the more/menu option in the top right corner of the screen.
- You will be presented with a small list of options, from the list tap on “email conversation”.
- From there you will be shifted to Gmail/default email app on your phone.
- Fill in which email you want to send the WhatsApp conversation to and tap on send (arrow icon).
Using a Third-Party Software: MobileTrans
- Launch your Windows or Mac computer/laptop, go to any browser of your choice, and open this link-https://mobiletrans.wondershare.com.
- Download and install MobileTrans software on your computer.
- After complete installation launch MobileTrans.
- From the software’s home screen click on the option of “WhatsApp transfer”.
- It will prompt you to connect your Android and iOS device to your PC. You can do so the help of a USB-C cable or a lightning cable (whichever cable is suitable for your device).
- Click on “Transfer WhatsApp messages” from the given options.
- The software will automatically detect your devices if they are connected. Now you must mark them a source or destination, as per your preference.
- Once you are sure with the settings, click on the start button at the bottom right corner of your screen. The process to transfer WhatsApp chats from source to destination device will begin.
- You will receive a notification when the transfer is completed and then you are all set.
Points to remember
- Be extra careful while following the steps mentioned above, as a misstep can lead to disaster if it can’t be undone or if you haven’t backed up your WhatsApp recently.
- There are only a few genuine software that can help you transfer your WhatsApp chats from android to iPhone directly. The above mentioned tools like MobileTrans and Wutsapper are some of the genuine ones. If you’re using any other software be sure to check the reviews and customer service policy.
- While it’s not completely necessary, it is good to know that the local backup of WhatsApp chats is saved on your device storage. Simply go to your file manager from their go to ‘Internal storage’ then ‘WhatsApp’ and lastly ‘database’. You can move this file to any other storage options while changing phones, but be sure that it is always accessible on your device’s(in which you plan to use WhatsApp) internal storage.